Typical Steps in a NEO Implementation
- Signing up for a site
5 minutes. You can create your own site - Sign up for a free trial
- Customizing your site
1 hour. This includes customizing your site with your own logo, color schemes, URL, and social media icons.
- Creating accounts for administrators and teachers
10 minutes. This is usually easily done using our web form option for creating accounts.
- Configuring the class catalog
10 minutes. This simply requires selecting from several layout options. We recommend using attractive pictures for each catalog category.
- Creating an outline of each class
A few hours per class. This requires basic teacher skills and domain knowledge in order to determine what the class will cover.
- Creating a curriculum for each class (optional, but recommended)
A few hours per class. This requires basic teacher skills and domain knowledge in order to determine what proficiencies the class will cover.
- Creating the materials for each lesson
A few hours per lesson. This depends on whether new materials need to be created or existing materials can be embedded or repurposed.
- Creating the assignments for each class
1 hour per assignment. All types of assignments can be created easily.
- Creating the learning paths (optional)
30 minutes per learning path. Adding a learning path is fairly easy, with just a few options to configure.
- Beta testing the classs
1 day per class on average depending on the complexity of the class.
- Creating student accounts
30 minutes if using a bulk upload. We also support other kinds of account creation, such as self sign-up, API, LDAP, email invitations, and more.